Westside Football Plays for State Title
Updated November 25, 2019
GOOD LUCK to the Westside Warrior Football Team, competing for the NSAA State Championship Tuesday night! Thank you to all of our hard-working student athletes and coaches, and to our incredible student body, staff members, and family members who have supported them along the way!
We know many of you plan to make the trip to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln Tuesday to cheer on our Warriors. We hope to provide you with some details to help you plan out your day. Please note: the safety of our students and staff is top priority, and we will be monitoring weather forecasts throughout the day. At this time, the game and events described below are on as scheduled. YOU are always your child’s #1 decision maker; if you believe weather conditions are too dangerous for travel, please do what YOU think is best for your child.
- 8:00am – Pep Rally at Westside High School. All are welcome.
- 4:00pm – Team bus will leave Westside High School, followed by cheer, student, and band buses
- 5:30pm – Red Shield is hosting a tailgate in Lot 7 outside Memorial Stadium. Hamburgers, hot dogs and water will be provided courtesy of the Lundin family. All are welcome.
- 7:15pm – Kick off at Memorial Stadium
- The game will be televised live on NET at 7:00pm
- Students who do not have tickets will have to purchase them at Memorial Stadium or online via GoFan, the official ticketing partner of the NSAA: https://gofan.co/app/events/74831
- Westside fans will sit in the WEST stadium. Fans may enter at Gate 10 or Gate 3 (handicapped entrance)
- Parking: Campus and University lots are not available for parking during the day Tuesday. The parking garage at 14th & Avery will be available for parking during games. Handicapped parking is located on the west side of Memorial Stadium.
- Memorial Stadium has a clear bag policy
- NOT ALLOWED: umbrellas, talcum/baby powder, artificial noisemakers (cowbells, air horns, whistles)
- All fans are required to wear shirts
Thank you for your support of our student athletes and our district – GO WARRIORS!
Westside Community Schools