September Construction Updates
Prairie Lane Elementary
- The Prairie Lane Design Advisory Committee met for the first time this week to begin discussions for the extensive remodel with additions planned for the school. They will work with TACKArchitects and Project Advocates on design concepts, meeting throughout the fall. The project is estimated to cost $10.8 million; work will begin in the summer of 2019.
Sunset Hills Elementary
- Students and staff have moved in to a brand new Sunset Hills Elementary School! The new building is a 2-section facility, approximately double the size as the previous school, and was completed for an estimated $13.8 million as part of Westside 2015 Facilities Master Plan. Click here to see photos and video from the Ribbon Cutting, Open House, and 1st Day!
- Work continues as crews build a brand new Swanson Elementary school! Footings in classroom areas are near completion. Steel will be installed soon. The new Swanson is scheduled to open in the Fall of 2019.
- Construction of a new Westside Boys & Girls Club Honoring the Hawkins Family continues near Westbrook Elementary. Work on walls for the addition have begun, and crews are working their way around the perimeter. The East parking and drive thru lanes are now complete and functional; sod and landscaping will be added soon. This project, funded by the Boys & Girls Club of the Midlands, is scheduled to open in the Fall of 2019.
Westside High School
- Students and staff started the school year with a beautiful new Little Theater space, thanks to the generosity and support of the Westside Foundation. The District is now accepted Statements of Qualifications for Construction Manager at Risk services to construct improvements to an expansion of the WHS Welding Lab/Engineering Tech space, a project funded by private donors and the Westside Foundation.
Westside Middle School
- Work at Westside Middle School is also complete on time and on budget. Watch for an upcoming Open House sometime this fall!