Information for Kindergarten Enrollment, Transfer Requests and Option Enrollment
Updated February 10, 2020
Welcome to Westside! We invite all families considering Westside Community Schools to learn more about registration, enrollment, and/or option enrollment information. Details are included below; you can also email email@example.com to request an informational packet via mail.
- Elementary Schools
- Hillside Elementary, February 20 at 10am
- Oakdale Elementary, March 2 at 10am
- Rockbrook Elementary
- February 13 at 10:00am
- February 26 at 1:30pm
- March 10 at 5:00pm
- March 23 at 3:00pm
- Westgate Elementary
- February 11 at 9:30am
- February 25 at 9:30am
- Westside High School
- February 14, 8:30am
- March 13, 8:30am
- April 13, 8:30am
Student In-District Transfer Requests for the 2020-2021 School Year
- If you are a District resident who would like your K-6 child(ren) to attend an elementary school other than the school that serves your attendance area for next school year, you must submit a completed In-District Transfer (IDT) Request form to the Office of Student Services for review.
- The District gives priority to families living within the District prior to placing Option Enrollment applicants who reside outside the District. We must receive a Student In-District Transfer Request form no later than 4:00 p.m. on March 15, 2020, for your request to be considered prior to our placement of Option Enrollment students.
- IDT forms are available at the ABC Building and our District website. Click here to complete the form electronically. An IDT request form must be completed for any child starting kindergarten next year who has one or more siblings currently attending a school outside their home attendance area. Transfers are approved or denied based on available space and other resources. If you have questions about the in- district transfer process, please call the Welcome Center at 402-390-2100.
- Do you live in the District and have a child who will be ready for Kindergarten this fall? Do you know of other Westside residents with children who will be ready to start school in August?
- Parents of eligible students should click on ‘Student Services’ to begin the enrollment process.
- Students entering kindergarten for 2020-2021 must be five years old by July 31, 2020. Parents may opt to hold their children out of kindergarten for an additional year. However, Nebraska state law mandates that a child who reaches six years of age prior to January 1 of the then-current school year must be enrolled in school.
- If you have questions, you may call the Westside Welcome Center at 402-390-2100.
- KINDERGARTEN ROUNDUP SESSIONS
- Hillside: Parent Meeting, 4/28 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 8/13-8/18
- Loveland: Parent Meeting, 4/21 at 6:30pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 5/1 at 9:30am
- Oakdale: Parent Meeting, 4/21 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 5/1 at 9:30am
- Paddock Road: Parent Meeting, 4/20 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 5/1 at 9am
- Prairie Lane: Parent Meeting, 4/16 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 5/6 at 9:30am
- Rockbrook: Parent Meeting, 4/21 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 5/8 at 9:30am
- Sunset Hills: Parent Meeting, 4/21 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 5/1 at 9:30am
- Swanson: Parent Meeting, 4/20 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 5/1 at 9:30am
- Westbrook: Parent Meeting, 4/28 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 8/13-8/18
- Westgate: Parent Meeting, 4/21 at 6pm & Kindergarten Roundup, 5/1 at 9:30am
Requirements for Early Admission to Kindergarten
- In accordance with Nebraska Statute 79-214, the Westside Community Schools allows for admission of children residing in the District as early entrance kindergarteners through a locally designed testing program. Children of District residents who wish to be tested for early entrance must turn five between August 1 and October 15, 2020. For further information regarding early entrance to kindergarten, please call 402-390-3303.
Kindergarten Enrollment for Non-District Residents
- If you live outside the District and have a child eligible for kindergarten who has a sibling currently attending a Westside elementary school through the Option Enrollment program, you must submit an Option Enrollment Application. Westside’s Office of Student Services must receive Option Enrollment Applications no later than 4:00 p.m. on March 15, 2020. The application form is available at the ABC Building (909 S. 76th Street) and our district website. Click here to complete the form electronically.
- Under Option Enrollment statutes, first priority for admission is given to siblings who seek to attend in the District where an older sibling is already enrolled, provided an Option Enrollment form is submitted by March 15 and provided that there is space available in a requested building and grade level. If you have questions, you may call Julie Fumagalli at 402-390-2107.