Please consider applying for or nominating an educator or student for these awards!
RITONYA – BUSCHER – POEHLING TEACHER GRANT PROGRAM
- Teachers will be awarded 10 grants of up to $1000 apiece for special classroom projects. Grants are welcome from all Omaha area public schools educators, and may be submitted for funding from now until March 26, 2018. Request for these grants should be no more than 3 pages. Please include the materials cost that will be needed for the project.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY: http://www.rbpteachergrants.com/
- All applications due March 26, 2018
NEBRASKA HISTORY TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD
- The National History Teacher of the Year Award recognized outstanding K-12 American history teachers across the country. State winners receive $1,000, an archive of classroom resources and state recognition; the national winner receives $10,000 and will be honored at an awards ceremony in New York City.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://www.gilderlehrman.org/programs-exhibitions/national-history-teacher-year
- All applications due March 31, 2018
NEBRASKA TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD
- The Nebraska Teacher of the Year program identifies exceptional teachers, recognizes their effective work in the classroom, amplifies their voices, and empowers them to participate in policy discussions at the state and national levels. Candidates must be exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled; have the respected admiration of parents, colleagues and students; play active and useful roles in the community as well as in school; be poised and articulate; and possess the energy to withstand a busy schedule.
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION: https://www.education.ne.gov/toy/Background_Information.html
- Applications accepted beginning in March 2018
WESTSIDE FOUNDATION BRAVO TEACHING AWARDS
- The Westside Foundation BRAVO Teaching Award recognizes certified teachers who have been in the District more than three years and who skillfully and successfully tap into the unique academic, social, emotional and/or physical talents of students; and inspire students to fully engage in school and/or community life. A $500.00 check, recognition on The Westside Foundation Bravo Teaching Award plaque displayed at the ABC Building, and a copy of the nomination packet will be presented to each recipient. Recipients will be recognized at the March, June, October or December Foundation Board meeting of each year and at the next subsequent Westside Board of Education meeting. Any certified staff member or administrator in the District may nominate certified teachers for this award.
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
- All applications due April 18, 2018
JIM TANGDALL BEACON ADMINISTRATOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
- Beginning in 2018, District 66 will recognize one administrator with the Jim Tangdall Beacon Award. This award will be given to a person who demonstrates the qualities that Dr. Tangdall exemplified during his 25-year administrative career at Westside. Candidates must exhibit: positive relationships, administrative skills and dispositions, school/departmental effective leadership, service to community and commitment to young people, be a respected and ethical leader, and be a continuous learner. The recipient will be honored at our annual End Of Year Celebration.
- CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE AN ADMINISTRATOR
- All nominations due May 1, 2018
TERREL H. BELL AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
- This award recognizes truly outstanding school leaders and the vital role they play in overcoming challenging circumstances. Principals nominated for this award are builders of Teacher Leaders and committed to fostering excellence in teaching and learning in school communities. They have set high standards and expectations for all, but especially for themselves. Often, they have shattered stereotypes that students from low-income families, ESL families, and students with disabilities cannot achieve at high levels. Their vision and leadership styles have produced outstanding results for all of their students regardless of race, ethnicity or socioeconomic status.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY: http://nationalblueribbonschools.ed.gov/home/about-us/the-terrell-h-bell-award-for-outstanding-leadership/
- Applications accepted May 1, 2018 – June 16, 2018
WESTSIDE FOUNDATION GRANTS
- The Westside Community Schools Foundation provides a way for students, teachers, employees and residents of the school district to obtain funds for educational and innovative programs and purposes. Through this grant program, the Foundation helps provide funding not fully available through state, federal or district revenues.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://www.wcsfoundation66.org/support/grants/