Enrollment, Registration, and Records
Enrollment Process for District Residents
• For the Current School Year (2017-18): To enroll a new K-12 resident student for the 2017-18 school year, click here.
• For Next School Year (2018-19): To begin enrolling a new K-12 resident student the 2018-2019 school year, click here.
Click here for more information about the enrollment process for District residents and the documents you will need to provide.
If you have questions, please contact the Westside Welcome Center at 402-390-2100.
Enrollment for Non-Residents: Option Enrollment
In-District Transfer Requests for Resident Students
District residents who wish for their children to attend a Westside elementary school other than the one associated with their residential address must submit an In-District Transfer Request (IDT) form. Requests must be submitted prior to the school year in which the transfer would take effect. IDT requests submitted on or before March 15 are considered prior to Option Enrollment applications. Requests are granted or denied based on building, grade-level, or program capacity at both the student’s home and requested schools.
For consideration ahead of Option Enrollment applications, completed requests must be submitted to the Office of Student Services at the ABC Building no later than 4 p.m. on March 15th. Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. Parents will be notified of the granting or denial of their requests no later than April 15th. Students previously granted an IDT are NOT required to resubmit a new form each year.
For parents of prospective Kindergartners: An In-District Transfer Request form must be completed for any child starting kindergarten next year who has a sibling currently attending a school outside of their home attendance area.
• If an IDT request is granted, parents/guardians are responsible for transporting their children to and from school.
• Students who transfer under an IDT are not guaranteed a seat in their original school. Should they later wish to return to their original school, parents/guardians must submit a new IDT request form and follow the IDT process.
• Non-Resident Students, including students enrolled under the Option Enrollment program, are NOT eligible for IDTs.
Questions about IDTs should be directed to the District Registrar at 402-343-2603.
Requesting Transcripts and Other Student Records
Student Records and FERPA
Annual Notification of Rights
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives parents, as well as students 18 years of age and over (“eligible students”), certain rights with respect to the student’s education records. This notification provides you with information about those rights. Westside Community School Board Policy 5220 sets forth the school district’s compliance with FERPA, and Regulation 5220R sets forth procedures for that policy. Additional information on FERPA (pdf).
Welcome Center Staff
Phone: (402) 343-2603
Fax: (402) 390-2136
Phone: (402) 408-8587
Fax: (402) 390-2136