Partnership means free behavioral assessments, counseling and parent seminars
A valuable collaboration is in place between Westside Community Schools and Children’s Behavioral Health at Children’s Hospital & Medical Center. This partnership allows us to address the mental health needs of our children and families districtwide. The services offered through the Student Assistance Program include free assessments and short term counseling, where students and their parents are invited to complete two free face-to-face sessions. Children’s Behavioral Health therapists are able to help you address any cognitive, emotional, developmental or personal issues that your student or family might be facing. Students and families have two options:
- Contact your Counselor, Social Worker or School Psychologist for information about Children’s Behavioral Health
- Call Children’s Behavioral Health directly at 402-955-3900 to schedule an appointment. Children’s Behavioral Health is located at 1000 North 90th Street (southwest corner of 90th & Western Streets.)
In addition, Westside Community Schools will host several free parent seminars offering valuable information from experts at Children’s Hospital & Medical Center. All seminars run from 6:00pm-7:00pm.
- October 24, 2017 @ Rockbrook Elementary Topic: Bullying
- November 28, 2017 @ Westside High School Topic: Depression
- December 12, 2017 @ Westside West Campus Topic: Trauma
- January 23, 2018 @ Westbrook Elementary Topic: Coping Skills
- February 20, 2018 @ Paddock Road Elementary Topic: Anxiety
- March 7, 2018 @ Westside Middle School Topic: Test Anxiety
- April 18, 2018 @ Oakdale Elementary Topic: Social Media
- May 8, 2018 @ Sunset Hills Elementary Topic: Self-Harming Behaviors
We believe this partnership with Children’s Behavioral Health will continue to enhance the existing mental health supports for students and families within the Westside Community Schools. Please feel free to contact your school for more information.