Limited option enrollment openings available in Westside Community Schools
Westside Community Schools is excited to announce a limited number of openings for new students in 2017-2018! Seats are available in grades K through 12.
Westside schools have a long tradition of offering top-shelf learning opportunities to our students, approximately 35 percent of whom live outside District 66 boundaries.
Our vision is to relentlessly pursue innovational educational ideas through personalized learning for every student, and we welcome the opportunity to share that mission with families, regardless of where they live in the Omaha metro area.
- Our ten Elementary Schools offer exciting educational experiences for children, including enrichment clusters, music and arts activities, and reward systems that positively reinforce inclusion and a positive atmosphere for all students;
- Westside elementary students recently earned top honors at some of Nebraska’s largest tournaments for robotics, spelling, geography, public speaking, and history;
- Westside Middle School features a state-of-the art middle-level education model, which includes an award-winning STEM program;
- Westside High School students complete a rigorous curriculum, with some studying in focus areas including art, music, welding, fashion, business,and journalism, and pursue career paths through the Center for Advanced Professional Studies;
- Westside educators are routinely honored with awards like the AIM Tech Educator of the Year award, the Presidential Award for Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology, and the PBS Innovative Educator award;
- Our school system enjoys outstanding support from the Westside Foundation, and participates in community partnerships with alumni, businesses, and neighbors throughout the Learning Community of Douglas and Sarpy Counties.
Are you interested in enrolling your child in Westside Community Schools? Download an Option Enrollment Form and submit a completed form for each child to the Office of Student Services, located in the ABC Building at 909 S. 76th Street. After March 15, applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis and must have the written approval of the student’s resident school district. Applications are accepted only where there is capacity at the grade, program, and building levels.
If you have additional questions, please email Julie Thacker with Student Services at email@example.com.