Westside patrons have many ways to get involved in Westside Community Schools.
Westside Community Council
Westside Community Council is comprised of two to three members from each of the 12 schools in the District. The members plan and implement district-wide volunteer activities for students in all grades. Each member serves on a minimum of two committees. Committees include:
- Health Screenings
- Westside Middle School Career Day
- Battle of the Books. This year’s event will be Saturday, March 11, 2017 at Westside Middle School. The book list for 2016-17 is available here. See the following links for details: Team registration form, Information for students and parents, Helpful tips for students, What to expect the day of the Battle, Competition Rules and the Battle of the Books Committee.
- District Outreach/Advocacy
- Clothes Closet
- Grade Level Assemblies
2016-17 Westside Community Club Officers:
- President: Julie Trivilino
- President-elect: Dana Zeiss
- 1st Vice President of Volunteer Activities: Gerri Plautz
- 2nd Vice President of Community Clubs: Kelley Maxwell
- Treasurer: Scott Pokett
- Secretary: Ann Christiansen
- Nominating: Stephanie Cota
For additional information on the Westside Community Council, contact Cristina Drelicharz in the Communications Department via email at email@example.com or phone (402) 390-2188.
The Westside Foundation raises private funds to support the continuing improvement of educational programs offered by Westside Community Schools. The Foundation provides student scholarships, teacher recognition, classroom grants, facilities improvement, and support where tax dollars are not available. Supporters and donors include alumni, district residents, businesses, teachers, staff, parents, and friends who share a belief that a strong public education is essential to the quality of life and future well being of our community. Visit the foundation’s webpage for more information: wcsfoundation66.org
Westside Alumni Association
The Westside Alumni Association strives to keep our past connected with our future – from the Class of 1953 to our future alumni from this year’s graduating class. The “We” in Westside includes you, your memories and shared experiences as Warriors. Stay connected with your friends and classmates, update your address and your email. Check out our Facebook page as well of those of specific graduation years. Explore the Westside Alumni Association’s website to find out how to stay in touch and support our shared mission and values: alumni.wcsfoundation66.org
Your Westside experience does not end with graduation – once a warrior, always a warrior!
Quinn McGuire – District Coordinator
To apply to become a mentor today go to teammates.org and click on apply now.
To inquire about your student and mentoring opportunities in your building contact your TeamMates building coordinator:
Loveland – TBD – Stephanie Hornung
Oakdale – Mary Lottinville
Paddock – Sarah Lieske
Prairie Lane – Meghan Martin
Rockbrook – Meghan Martin
Swanson – Kris Bivens
Sunset – Kris Bivens
Westgate – MaryJo Stegman and Jay Elliot
Hillside – Kathy McGill
Westside High School – TBD – Quinn McGuire