At the beginning of the Facilities Master Plan evaluation and planning process in 2014, a Facilities Task Force was created to determine the best future of Westside Community Schools buildings. This group, comprised of District leaders, Board of Education members, community leaders, parents and neighbors, reached clear consensus in 2014 to:
- Focus on achievement of all students;
- Maintain 10 elementary schools;
- Avoid constructing a three-section school;
- Avoid closing any elementary school; and
- Balance the population of our elementary schools by building a two-section school at Sunset Hills.
A Boundary Engagement Process Committee, including staff members, parents and community members, will be presented research and data, and provided time for open discussion and idea-sharing, to determine how to best represent the values of the community, but yet allow Westside Community Schools to provide high quality educational experiences for each student.